Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Playing leads loudly -- more thoughts from recording day two

Jordan and Kelly pushed me yesterday to play this one lead part really loud and hard, rather than tentatively (like usual). This was really good for me, and while the end result is slightly messy, it has a lot of energy. This too is good training for next month.

And it's not like this is just training -- I'm really honored to be part of creating the first Surge On Smith record and touring with it this spring. The songs are good and the motivation behind it (raising awareness re human trafficking) is really good. Because we're headed towards sabbatical we're holding the future lightly, but this is the sort of thing I'd like to continue to support and be part of in the future. Our road is heading into a wilderness though, and I don't know where it will come out. Scary sometimes but mostly exciting since we have such a competent -- and mysterious -- Guide.

No comments: