Monday, January 31, 2011

Jesus and the Police

Part of what made playing music in Wylie today such a gift to me personally was that I've been dreaming of playing in a trio for a while now. This gave me a taste of what is possible again and raised my hopes. Like listening to some of the early live recordings of the Police did. There's something I love about the raw simplicity of a bass - drums - guitar trio.

Which raises the question, if the Police represented the Trinity which would be which? I'm guessing the Father would be the one with the original vision. If I remember correctly this is also the rythm that is behind everything else and in some ways holds it all together. I'm guessing the voice/mouthpeice and simple anchor might be Jesus. Which leaves the guitar player as the Holy Spirit -- coming and going like the wind (sometimes light sometimes driving), reminding you of what the voice has said.

1 comment:

Steve Horvath said...

Man, I'm never going to be able to look at Sting the same....