Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Three days until Friday

So it's three days until the big JRL Farewell concert. I'm at that stage now where I'm usually running around handling a pile of last minute details I didn't get to and am horrible at doing anyway (but don't end up farming out). This time is different. I'm resting, even blogging.

It's that moment on the roller coaster where you're at the top hanging over nothing but the downward rush has not started yet. Once the momentum gets started...

What I look forward to:
The Connections -- seeing them and watching them connect with each other. There will be a lot of creative, interesting people converging on Goshen this weekend.
The Music -- getting a chance to listen to to great bands and play in another -- especially with all these quality musicians -- is a great gift.
The Money -- Whether it's $20 or $2000 there is something fufilling about making money doing something you love and creating something others can participate in and enjoy.
The Meaning -- I hope that beyond the pure fun of the evening that the songs will connect deeply with people, giving expression to something going on inside them, and in doing that moving them forward and cultivating hope and peace.
The Unexpected -- For me many of the best moments are not planned. I look forward to the good that none of us planned.
The Creative Community -- For the Limited Edition Best of JRL CD I invited a bunch of friends to create the cd liners. So each cd will be different, signed by the person who put it together. Some are made by accomplished artists, others by people who haven't drawn since elementary art. I can't wait to see how people respond to them. I like the idea of a lot of people participating and being creative, inspired and encouraged by the "professionals" rather than dismissed or scorned by them.

So that's that.

I look forward to seeing many of you.

Jonathan

No comments: