Monday, December 16, 2013

Surge On Smith Live in Deep Ellum

We tested out some of the new material we wrote at two concerts during my Texas time. We had the great privilege of sharing the stage with the talented songwriter Eric Beatty.

Joel Tolley made the live show something much more interesting with his work on the upright bass. Good stuff. I am continually surprised at the responses we get to this Surge on Smith material. In my over twenty years of making music, I've had the chance to be a part of some amazing partnerships and musical endeavors. I love the moments when we were able to give something of real value to an audience and engage them in a way that goes beyond just singing a song, but those moments can be rare. The regularity with which they occur with Surge On Smith surprises and delights me and I am privileged to be a part of writing and sharing these songs.


Photo by Chriss Welter Wasinger

No comments: