Monday, May 14, 2012

Music Entrepreneurship and Spirituality

After a great week in Nashville coaching bands and connecting with leaders and musicians, I find myself again thinking about the relationship between spirituality, business and music (or the arts in general).

When people whose music has a strong spiritual focus find some way to put distance between their creative work and financial recompense there is often an increased impact.

On the other hand I've seen artists who submit to a rigorous assessment of their work from a business standpoint really benefiting -- not just practically but creatively as well. Read a brief article about musicians and entrepreneurship that hits one aspect of this.

This still leaves me thinking, since my creative work bleeds into the realm of spirituality regularly and the world of business periodically.

No comments: