Friday, September 3, 2010

Good News: Turning and Walking

After that last post about good news, I qualify:

It doesn't seem like I connect to this Kingdom or 4D reality every time I turn towards God. Wasn't that the message I heard, that this Kingdom is open to anyone who turns? How does my experience fit with this invitation/message, Jesus?

Sometimes it feels like I turn towards God and start walking. Often, actually. Maybe this is a trick of the mind. Maybe I'm weak. Small in faith. (Ok, both of those are givens). Maybe in reality (4d) I'm with God already the moment I turn, but in 3D space I have to move to get there.

If so, I wonder, in God's economy what the function of walking (the existential interum here that exists between the turning/asking and the experience) is?

And anyhow, why would God give us such huge power -- to actually be able to choose love/the Kingdom/presence of God or not? It's a lot of responsibility. Especially when the results of that turning don't seem immediately obvious, even to the turner.

And while I'm asking questions, what does it mean "everything is going to be ok?" (Is it? Really? How? For whom? I can't see it.)

No comments: