Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Delusion Part I:

Two recent conversations have me thinking about delusion:

1. Some friends, my wife and I have an ongoing discussion about delusion: is it delusional to want to be an artist or musician? It it delusional to try to make it big and influence a lot of people with your art? What's the difference of delusion and legitimate dreams?

2. I just talked to a friend and ex-bandmember I haven't seen for a while. He suggested that selling songs to established artists might be a better fit for me than fronting a band and touring. This encouraged and frustrated me at the same time. I'm not investing much time, energy or planning into a band or touring at this point, but there's still a dream there -- it feels bad to think of that not being part of my life.

No comments: