Thursday, November 6, 2008

The final projects

So I finished up in the studio after a year and a half. I'm really happy about this last JRL record. Nate Butler is at some of his best (he's drummed on every JRL studio album that had drums), there's a couple of great bass players on it (Allen from the old bands Willoughby-Wilson and the Walter Eugenes -- great bass player). Also a smattering of other stuff - Rhodes, accordian, etc.

I'm working on the cover design and hope to have the thing out in about two weeks. The plan is to do a couple cd release/final JRL shows, hopefully one in VA, OH and IN at least. I'm really excited about the recording and feel that it is a great way to end the JRL period of my music.

I'm also thinking about doing a best of cd for new listeners who aren't ready to wade through 5 1/2 recordings but want to hear the stuff. I'm taking suggestions for what should be on that compilation...

Thanks for the interaction on the recent posts, by the way. It's great to hear other people's thoughts on the creative process and the battles that go along with artmaking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to hear your new stuff man. I think you should do a snyth/vocoder project next, but that's just me.