Sunday, November 15, 2009
Me and Music, November 2009
Since March 09
It's been good to rest. To not tour. To have no musical projects in the works besides the CSM.*
Some values and goals for music in the next season are getting clear:
1. Grow as a songwriter (depth, clarity, uniqueness)
2. Grow as a singer/musician/collaborator (excellence, passion, uniqueness)
3. Incorporate visual art into my music (recordings, live shows, etc)
4. Embody my life mission in my music and my music in my life mission**
Slowly develop the music -- new material, a new concert, new recordings.
The JRL Farewell Concert CD is scheduled for release this year.
I'd like to record another project and have a cohesive concert ready by summer 2010.
* Community Supported Music. Monthly deliveries of new songs. A delivery will be coming out soon. www.jonathanreuel.com (click on CSM).
** Cultivate creativity. Follow Jesus. Grow community. Help others do the same.