Saturday, August 22, 2009

Musical Diagnosis

Music is stirring in me. It's kind of nice to care about it again, to want to play a little, to have a bit of energy to write after 6 months of being very happy to keep my distance. Maybe I'm coming to the end of my unplanned musical sabbatical. I don't have clear music plans for the next season, but it's nice to see an old friend back in town.

In particular
I played a couple songs at a friend's birthday party with a bunch of very good Latin musicians. I wrote a song for one of my favorite people who just was diagnosed with lung cancer. I rewrote a song four times and am still in process. What is it about pain and sorrow that screams for music in me? I'll post a few lyrics soon, and include the song on my next CSM delivery.

2 comments:

Jason Potsander said...

Keep the music coming as you feel led. Can't wait for the next CSM delivery! It is always a treat!

A Traveling Girl said...

Not surprises that something so ingrained in you is resurfacing. Eager to hear the emerging sound as you continue to morph into the new.
Miss you both! -c